One of the key factors that make your website search engine friendly is the Content. Content Optimization plays a vital role in optimizing your Web page. Content optimization is about prominently incorporating targeted keywords and keyword phrases into the copy on each page to appeal the prospects and also for searching your services. In simple, Content optimization is the best way for designing the content of your website that reflects your brand, products, and services in order for the search engines to rank top in the search results. A well optimized content always drives your web site top in Search engines. So we can simply say ‘Content is King’.
The process of Content Optimization involves:
- Title Tag
- Keyword Analysis
- Keyword Density
- Keyword Prominence
- Keyword Proximity
1) Title Tag:
The Title tag is a foremost important factor to be considered when optimizing your web page for the search engines.
- Create a Title Tag with targeted keywords and relavant to your content of the web page. It helps you to occupy the better position in Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
- Avoid using repeated keywords and phrases in your title tag because this may be treated as spamming by search engines.
- Write unique title tags for each web page of your website instead of writing a common title page for the complete site.
- Specify meaningful, impressive, unique and content relevant title tag to optimize your site with the limit of 65 characters.
2) Keyword Analysis:
Accurate Keyword analysis is strategically important for effective optimization.
- Keyword analysis basically involves finding the right keywords from a bunch of available ones. This involves analyzing the most effective keywords that can generate highly targeted traffic.
- After analysis categorize your targeted keywords in sub categories and describe each with unique descriptions.
Increasing Keyword importance:
- Keyword is an main impact for optimizing your web page.So you can increase the keyword importance by using the following tips.
- Use keywords in your navigation schemes wherever possible.The site navigation scheme is a map that shows how your web pages relate to one another.
- Use key phrases in your hyper links.The keywords included within a hyperlink are weighed more heavily than the same keyword hanging out in your copy text. We can also boost your webpage ranking by adding a keyphrase-rich hyperlink .
- Write keyword-rich content that focuses on the ‘theme’ for that particular page.
- Limit your keyword usage to 2 or 3 keywords for 50 lines paragraph page.
3) Keyword Density
Keyword density is the best way to optimize the content and helps your web page to rank top in search engines.
- It always expressed as a percentage of the total word content on a given web page.
- All search engines have their own algorithm to display a search result .Chasing density all the time for major search engines will definitely ruin your web efforts. So place the content with keyword density to your targeted keyword, by keeping the readability of the content.
- Maintain the keyword density between 5% to 6%
4) Keyword Prominence
The prominence of your keywords can have an impact for optimization efforts.
- Prominence refers to how relative a keyword is to the beginning of the website. The more relevant keyword appears in the content will leads the web page to appear top in the Search Engine Result Page.
- Best ways to increase the prominence of your keywords include, inserting your keywords in the title tags (for the search engines), and crafting the website title to include keywords (for visitors).
5) Keyword Proximity
Keyword proximity can make or break your search engine optimization efforts.
- The proximity of a word or phrase in relation to each other and other key phrases is extremely important for optimization.
- Proximity of a keyword refers the distance between the keywords which you want to be prominent in your text.We can say simply how close your targeted keywords are together.
Things to Remember :
- Don’t leave the title of your page as “Untitled”.
- Avoid inserting keywords into copyrighted material.
- Avoid using graphic buttons or image maps in the Internal Linking Structure.
- Don’t put your text in one big block, separate it into paragraphs.
- Always create unique content to avoid content duplication. So it will be hard for the search engines to penalize you.
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.