One of the major aspects to achieve high rankings in SERP is by writing keyword rich content in the website.Some factors to be considered for better positioning in search engines are,
Keyword density is the percentage of total number of keywords to the total number of words in the webpage. Achieving optimum keyword density will help us improve the rankings in SERPs. But stuffing more keywords results in keyword spamming and may get penalized by search engines .Optimum keyword density of about 2%-5% is preferred generally. They need to be adequately chosen and placed in right position in the webpage.
Keyword prominence refers to how close the keywords appear at the start of the area.
Keyword proximity refers to the closeness of keywords used.Keyword research is one of the important and initial aspects in search engine optimization.Here are few points that need to be considered while researching keywords for your website
Keyword Research and Analysis:
1. Analyze and research on the keywords to be used.
2. Find appropriate keywords using tools such as Google Adwords, keyword discovery tool ,word tracker. Identify the keywords that are less competitive and which can drive traffic to your website. Finalize and collect the keywords that are related to your services and theme of your website. Other tools that can be used are Google Insights Search,Google Trends where you can get keywords that are more efficient.
3. Incorporate the right keywords you need to target and effectively optimize the pages.
1. Titles are given more weightage by the search engines so the main keywords should be added at least once in the title. Place the keywords at the start of the title to make it more prominent.
2. Use the keywords in the description as these would help in better looking in snippets and thus improves click through rate.
3. You can use the keywords once as H1 tags for the main headings and other secondary keywords can be used as h2,h3… for other sub sections or sub headings.
4. Bold or Strong the keywords atleast once.
5. Use keywords in alt tags for images, anchor text in internal and external links (navigational links/breadcrumbs) etc.. Placing alternate text also helps in image search .
6. If possible register the domain name with keywords and also have the file names with the keywords.
7. Avoid writing spammy content by stuffing it with keywords.
8. Finally you can check for the keyword density using a keyword density analyzer.
So proper usage of keywords is an important strategy that need to be considered to improve the visibility of our website. Having keyword rich content not only attracts the spiders but also it is more informative for the visitors which inturn brings more traffic to the website.
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.