One thing I always wonder with Firefox is that it has plenty of add-ons. Though, Google chrome is rocking as a browser still I stick with firefox because of available number of addons in firefox.
When it comes to business, you need too many addons than personal use of any browser, When it comes to SEO, you will miss almost all if you dont have any addons. The role played by addons for SEO is important, I would say more than that. In this blog, I am going to cover about the essential Firefox addons that I am using for SEO.
- It is quite popular because it gives basic information when searching the pages in the search engines. It will list information like page rank, backlinks to the domain, backlinks to the page and a variety of other factors.
- The sub-tool “SEO X-ray” will show you the meta information, H tag use and internal and external links on a page.
- It displays site’s domain age, Yahoo links and other data that can help you when analyzing your competitors.
Searchstatus, a Firefox addon for SEO professionals provides an extensive search-related information about a site,
- The great advantage of this addon is it helps to differentiate dofollow and nofollow links and it also helps in analysing keyword density.
- It also displays the Google PageRank, Alexa rank, Compete ranking and SEOmoz Linkscape mozRank in status bar
- It helps in dispalying detailed information of the website like index pages, backlinks for google, yahoo and MSN, sitemap, robots file, link reports and meta tags.
Firebug addon is mostly used by a web developers but it also has some benefits for Search engine optimizers too.
- It allows to view any changes to your website and see how it comes across before we need to commit to make such changes.
- It helps to make a quick review of title & meta tags, confirm the use of header tags(H1, H2, H3 etc), analyse and increase the speed of the website.
- Firebug saves much time in identifying the correct elements, properties or values and to fix the errors.
- It helps to search for image paths and file names, image alt attributes to see how well images are optimized right within the page design and also points out the broken images too.
- It helps to view the structure of the page, and the arrangement of headings within a page. And also diplays URL path, external links and other links information.
- This Firefox extension allows you to easily check your website rankings ( for multiple keyword phrases also) in Google , Yahoo,and Bing for a particular region. (Not available for bing)
- Another benefit is that it does’nt just return a site’s rank for a particular keyword, but also the URL of the specific page that has that rank.
I might have missed many but I like you to share the best firefox addons that you are using via comments.
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.