A press release or news release is done for the purpose of announcing something claimed as having news value. It is mainly for on-line reputation of the management. When you have developed an innovative product/service and you want to market it, then you can go for press release. Mostly press releases are done while starting a new business, expanding the business, introducing a new product, announcing a partnership, changing brand names of company/product, launching a website, etc..
The following are some of the tips for press release submission
- Write a catchy and crispy headline so as to grab the attention of readers and to impress them.
- The next important element is summary. Headline and Summary should tell what your press release is about. The summary is for highlighting important points. Summary, a leading paragraph of your press release should answer all the ‘W’ questions such as Who, What, Where, When & Why.
- Be sure to have a newsworthy content and always deal with the facts. The content should never exceed a page.
- Keep your content short, simple and subjective. Avoid the use of too many adjectives, hype and industry specific words.
- You can make use of keywords in headline and/or summary. This will be helpful in SEO point of view.
- Avoid the use of HTML tags inside the content. If HTML tags are not allowed in content field then it will affect the readability of the news.
- Don’t include your email address in the body of content. Since it is visible to the public, it will result in the risk of receiving spam.
- To make your press release effective you can include
a) A quoted statement from your company’s CEO/Quotes from a company representative.
- Ensure that the content you submit is not a old news. Submit your release in time. There is no point in submitting the release after the event has happened.
- Make use of the symbol ‘###’ or ‘-30-‘ at the end of your press release in order to mark the end of the press release.
- End your press release with a short paragraph(boilerplate) containing ‘About your company’, describing about your company, products and services offered.
- Provide as much Contact Information as possible so as to establish personal contact. Make sure to include Contact Person, Company Name, Phone, Fax, URL, Email address.
- If the press release is about the release of a product, give a prior notice of events.
- Submit your press release to sites that are related to your niche.
- Don’t submit releases unless they are not outstanding or groundbreaking.
- By submitting your press release in news promotion sites you can get more benefit.
Advantages of Press Release:
- Provide an opportunity to be listed in “Google News” which in turn increase the website’s visibility in search engine.
- It gives more exposure and drive more traffic to your site.
- Increase the number of back links which results in better rankings in search engines.
- Increase the brand name of the site.
- More traffic at free of cost.
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.